[Simh] RT-11 source

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Oct 22 17:05:27 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-22 20:21, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
> I know some of the code is already there but I need comments since I am
> not an expert or even a real advanced programmer in assembly. Also, the
> beauty of running a simulator is that hardware resources are not as much
> of a problem so I more to fill in the gaps for the stuff I am unsure of.
> My personal assembly "bible " covers some systems programming but not
> all. I will have to share the title of the book when I am near it. It is
> available on Amazon. What my plans are is to make a simple OS with a
> dual command set using both the RT-11 command line interface and RSX
> style DCL. Just something fun to play with....

The command line interface is really a very simple and small part of it
all. First you need to have the actual kernel, which manage memory and
devices. You need device drivers. And you need an API to access it all.
The you need some CUSPs.

The command line interface is really not even properly a part of the kernel.

	Johnny