[Simh] RT-11 source

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Oct 22 16:07:59 EDT 2016

Ray,

I think a much better place to start is John Lion's “A commentary on the
Sixth Edition UNIX Operating System
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions%27_Commentary_on_UNIX_6th_Edition,_with_Source_Code>”
- available for download at: Grog's Lions web page
<http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/Lions/> or purchase a copy at:  Amazon
- Lions book
<https://www.amazon.com/Lions-Commentary-Unix-John/dp/1573980137>   This is
for the PDP-11, will run on simh just fine, all the sources, comments et al
are all there.  The Lion's text is an clean, interesting, and accessible
piece of work.

What is even more cool in my opinion is  we can also point you to the MIT
Undergrad course from the fall of 2014 called: Operating Systems
Engineering [aka MIT's 6.828].

All of docs and code are downloadable to read and work.  The course is a
modern redux on
​the same​
 Lion's book from the late 1970s
​ for 40 years later and fresh​
.    The new MIT version is also, as someone else called it "a modern take
on a classic" the URL:   6.828 / Fall 2014
<http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/6.828/2014/xv6.html>

The latest xv6 source is available via
        git clone git://pdos.csail.mit.edu/xv6/xv6.git
<http://git//pdos.csail.mit.edu/xv6/xv6.git>