[Simh] Compiling most recent release of simh

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 10:40:40 EDT 2016

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 10:31 AM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 11, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Gene Irwin <girwin1215 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The only place I could find detailed the error with Google was the makefile on the github site.
>>
>> I am running mint 18 and the makefile says;
>> No SDL ttf support available. BESM-6 video panel disabled
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> I have SDL installed and compiled mame recently which also requires SDL and that went fine.
>
> Did you install the "development" flavor of SDL?  You need that to get the header files.

Looking more closely... this isn't actually an issue with SDL itself.  A whole pile of simulators use SDL.  But BESM is different in that it looks for a specific SDL feature, namely TTF (font file) support.

I don't have that either.  Googling turns up SDL_ttf as a "project" listed on the libsdl.org website, with a separate install kit.  https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/ has the info.  It looks like you need to install that, either from a package, or from source.

	paul