[Simh] Compiling most recent release of simh

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 10:31:44 EDT 2016

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Gene Irwin <girwin1215 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The only place I could find detailed the error with Google was the makefile on the github site.
>
> I am running mint 18 and the makefile says;
> No SDL ttf support available. BESM-6 video panel disabled
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I have SDL installed and compiled mame recently which also requires SDL and that went fine.

Did you install the "development" flavor of SDL?  You need that to get the header files.  If you install a package from sources you'll get those, but if you're using a Linux package, there typically are two: an xyz package and an xyz-dev package.  The former gives you the libraries needed to run an executable built with xyz; the latter adds the files needed to build such an executable.

If that doesn't help, you might report details on what sort of system you're building on, and the full log of the attempt.  I've had some issues in the past (fixed now I believe) on Mac, due to the SDL files being in a different spot than SIMH was looking for.  If that's the issue, the build log will show it.

	paul