[Simh] Question about card readers.

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu May 26 16:37:17 EDT 2016

> On May 26, 2016, at 4:34 PM, Quentin North <quentin at quentin.org.uk> wrote:
>
> I wonder whether OP is referring to a situation where there is a 96 character line, such as a programming language statement, and that the first 80 characters would be on a card and then the remaining 16 characters would be on the next card but with a continuation character in, say, column 1.

Fortran and some other languages certainly had the notion of continuation cards, but then the statement length was pretty much unlimited, certainly a whole lot more than 96 characters.  In any case, that has no bearing on the I/O device (real or emulated), cards still only deal with 80 character records.

	paul