[Simh] Tops (-10) development

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Wed May 25 14:38:22 EDT 2016

I have finally gotten my Tops-10/IPv4 stack running on the KL10, in this
case an instance of KLH10.  There are still issues, and there are areas
that need significant cleanup etc.

  Ethernet Status of Loke - DEC10 Development 25-May-2016 14:04:38 UP:24:00.51

  Chan/Kont          State      E-Net Address          DgmXmt     DgmRcv
  ETH-0              Online   AA-00-04-00-5F-06          3659       6452
    NI-0             Online   00-00-00-00-00-00          3659       6452

  Protocol           State    Kont      User           DgmXmt     DgmRcv    FQE
    60-16 ANF-10     Online   NI-0   System                41         64      1
    60-03 DECnet     Online   NI-0   System               242        478      0
    60-04 LAT        Online   NI-0   System              3282       1984      0
    90-00 Loopback   Online   NI-0   System                 0          0      0
    60-02 RmtCon     Online   NI-0   System                 2          5      0
    08-00 IPv4       Online   NI-0   System                91         87      9
    08-06 ARP        Online   NI-0   System                 1          3      1
    -Inf-            Online          Job 1 Ctx 1            0          0      0
    60-01 DNA/MOP    Online   NI-0   Job 1 Ctx 1            0          0      0
    -Inf-            Online          Job 14 Ctx 1           0          0      0

Short summary:  I have renamed my old IP-only DEUNA/DELUA driver, it is
now named UNXSER.MAC, and there is a new module, I4EINT.MAC, that talks
to the standard ethernet system.

It is now time to start to think about some administrative things, like
what new UUOs are needed, what new GETTABs etc.  I think that the number
of people that are actively doing extensions on Tops-10 at this time is
rather limited, so there should be no problem just continuing numbering
stuff after the latest used in the DEC distributions, anyone (Tim Litt?)
having opinions?

I hope to be able to actually spend some time on this project in the near
future.

--Johnny