[Simh] Contributing to SimH

Richard Cornwell skyvis at sky-visions.com
Thu May 12 08:47:27 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 12 May 2016 20:04:21 +1000
Nigel Williams <nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:
> > I'm quite encouraged by recent developments, such as the HP 3000
> > simulator, the KA10/KI10 simulator, and the restoration of Unix
> > "v0" (PDP-7 Unix). But there's always more to do.
>
> I'd like to toot Richard Cornwall's trumpet if I may as he produced a
> SimH implementation of the Burroughs B5500 - just for the record.
>
> http://sky-visions.com/burroughs/index.html

  Thanks Nigel.

  My new stuff will be available at my github soon.
  https://github.com/rcornwell

  I am in the process of adding in help messages to my KA10 and Ibm7000
  simulators. Once I get that in place I will put them up on github for
  people to bug hunt before they get added into the main line. I have
  added a RH10/RP04/5/6/7 controller but have not tested it. I all also
  be adding a RH10/TM03 tape controller. I might eventually add support
  for a KL10A (not the extended addressing). I am also willing to add
  in support for the ITS pager to the KA10 if someone can gen me a
  bootable image to test. Last time I tried to gen a ITS system it
  failed with tons of Midas errors.

  I have also started to add the stuff in to the KA10 sim to support a
  KI10, however there is not much software available. I need VMSER for
  Tops 6.03 or a version of Tops 7.01. I will also eventually be
  putting up older versions of Tops 10 that I have transcribed, I have
  4.5, 3.19, 3.5 and 1.4 (monitor only), along with Fortran 40.

> I do wish we could get better coverage of all the myriad of machines
> from the 1950s onwards to the late 1980s - truly the dawn of the
> computer age and the forerunner to the Internet age.

  I have some other sims in the works, however it will be a while
  before they are ready.

  Bob also mentions CTSS, I put my CTSS sources up on Github and am in
  the process of working on writing a new installer to possible solve
  one of the issues with large directories on CTSS. The copy of CTSS I
  have matches the original sources and will recompile itself producing
  identical listings. I am however unsure of the original directory
  structure, if anyone has any info as to how the source was kept,
  please drop me a note. I will also slowly be putting up other
  software that I have transcribed over the years.

Rich

Richard Cornwell
skyvis at sky-visions.com
http://sky-visions.com