[Simh] Problem with "set console telnet=... " on MicroVAX3900 simulator

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 00:53:29 EDT 2016

On 11 May 2016 at 22:53, Mark Pizzolato <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> Well, before looking too closely for this, I tried with the latest source and it
> works as we expected.  The prebuilt Windows binaries are only generated
> when I feel like something useful has changed.  I was planning on generating
> new binaries later this week, but since this problem is fixed with the latest
> code, I built and pushed out a revised set just now.   I'll leave finding
> exactly what was wrong (which has already been fixed) as an exercise for
> someone more interested than me.

I'm going to guess that commit X'4A47113F' (from April 12) is where
the problem was fixed, as it was the last commit to touch the
sim_tmxr.c file, and in fact the description of the commit is "TMXR:
Properly initialize incoming line ring state to accepe connections";
which, based on what the MSFT telnet client dumped out, is what was
wrong in the commit X'E05DE3E5' binaries (which are from April 8).

> As for addressing this problem.  Paul Koning provided me with a test case
> and the driver code which is raising the issue, but I haven't had time to dig
> into the specifics.

Take your time, I just mentioned it because of my INI file. (Though
chances of the DMC/DMR emulation actually making things happen in just
testing out console telnet is... statistically unlikely.)

I'd try my own hand at contributing code to SIMH, but while I can hack
me some C, I'm definitely not good enough to not horribly break a
project as complex as SIMH.

Cheers.
Christian
--