[Simh] Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Mar 26 16:49:21 EDT 2016

Time for a new release announcement of TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS.

A couple of important fixes have been done since the last release.

Things that have been done since the last release:

TCP:
- Bugfix: If a socket was reused after closing down, without the
application doing a close, the sequence number from the previous
connection was reused. It should be reinitialized every time a session
is set up.

DECnet-over-IP:
- Bugfix: If a connection over TCP got out of sync it could go into an
unrecoverable state.
- (Also note that DECnet-over-IP could reuse connections that were shut
down without closing them, thus the fix to TCP mentioned above
specifically affects DECnet-over-IP.)

HTTP:
- Added If-Modified-Since and If-Unmodified-Since parsing and handling.
- Added a default mapping for users that do not have a PUBLIC.TXT file.
- Improved installation to not overwrite configuration for HTTPD.
- Reworked the CGI interface so that it now handles multipart posts.
This means it can be used for uploads and all kind of complex forms.
- Added a [CGIDEMO] directory with some example programs on how to use CGI.
- Added some library functions to IND to handle the CGI interface.
- Changed HTTP server to use a logical name for the configuration directory.

FTPD:
- Improved logging.

As usual, the distribution is available from:
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.dsk
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.tap
ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/pdp11/rsx/tcpip/tcpip.dsk

The documentation is also available through ftp on Mim, or also at
http://mim.update.uu.se/tcpipdoc

Note! I've realized that BQTCP/IP do not work right if you have a
PDP-11/74 with multiple processors online. I'll fix that at some point,
as it's probably just a case of affinity not being set on devices, nor
relevant processes. This might only be a problem with telnet in fact. I
know for sure that the IP and TCP drivers works ok in multiprocessor
systems.

	Johnny