[Simh] TU-58 tape

Bill Cunningham billcun at suddenlink.net
Wed Mar 23 18:53:13 EDT 2016

    I can't seem to be able to find anywhere, and I looked at some of my own previous posts as well as others on this list; about tu-58 tapes.

    Now there are some VMS versions 3 and 4 and such that have a .TAP extension. They are copies of actual cartridges. For vax or possibly pdp11. How do you set the vax for those tapes? I have looked at simh docs and tried at tu (or tk) tk0 and it seems to work but set doesn't work. Here's a link to that page.

http://iamvirtual.ca/VAX11/VAX-11-software.html

Does simh emulate this tape? I'm sure most are familiar with this page.

Bill