[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 146, Issue 44

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Wed Mar 23 12:27:55 EDT 2016

Not your fault. The RB09 (which is an RC0x controller and an RD10
Burroughs buyout fixed head disk) appeared on only one PDP7 system, but
it's a significant one - the Bell Labs PDP7 that Unix was developed on.
The disk was added to the PDP7 in support of the ongoing work to
resurrect Unix "v0" on the PDP7.

The controller, formally an RC07, was probably a one-off built by
Computer Special Systems or Traditional Products for Bell Labs.

/Bob Supnik