[Simh] [SimH] Networking support

Michael Short michael.short.47 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:36:05 EST 2016

On the history of networks, there was also a network called BITNET which
was mainly used
by educational institutions using mainframes. Started around 1981, it was
originally based on
the bisync protocol and was a store-and-forward system. At it peak it had
about 500 organizations
and about 3000 nodes. Toward the end, it morphed into BITNET II using TCP.