[Simh] HP 3000 Terminals

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Thu Mar 10 22:54:20 EST 2016

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 18:26, Michael Kerpan wrote:

> I'd be interested in knowing what kind of options are out there for
> "real" HP terminal emulation.

I've used the following HP terminal emulators over the years:

 - QCTerm (Windows) by AICS
   http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=585

 - AdvanceLink 2392 (DOS and Windows) by HP
   http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=50
   http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=178

 - Reflection (DOS and Windows) by Walker, Richer, and Quinn
   http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=308

 - Crosstalk (Windows) by Attachmate

 - Session (Windows) by Tymlabs

All of the emulators, except QCTerm, were commercial products.  Reflection
is probably the one that offered the most faithful emulation.  The others
were close, but not perfect, reproductions of the hardware behavior.

(I used QCTerm while developing the simulator.)

                                      -- Dave