[Simh] how to telnet ???

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Jun 19 23:31:13 EDT 2016

On Jun 19, 2016 7:02 PM, David Takle <djtakle at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried a number of approaches, and I cannot get any telnet connection to work.
> Is there a detailed doc somewhere that explains how to run both simh and telnet on a single windows computer and get them to talk to each other?
> I would love to get a VT100 emulation running.

Step 1: download and install a terminal emulator (PuTTY works for many folks).

Step 2: start a VAX simulator with the following config line along with the rest of a useful config:

     ATTACH DZ 1234

Step 3:
     BOOT

Step 4: open the terminal emulator and connect to localhost port 1234.

The above may or may not answer your question since you didn't really tell us what you'd actually tried that didn't work...  if you want a better answer please provide:

1) the output of SHOW VERSION on the simulator you are running
2) the configuration file you are running with
3) what you actually tried that didn't work.

- Mark