[Simh] how to telnet ???

Rodney Brown rdbrown0au at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 23:23:03 EDT 2016

I just tested connecting to the HP3000 simulator V4.0-0 Beta git 3a4e879c
built on/with Cygwin x86_64 on Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601 with Putty
Windows required me to allow network access to the simulator, but then
connecting to (telnet) localhost 1054  with putty worked fine.

>From a quick look at doc/simh.doc and doc/simh-faq.doc I'm not seeing
specific ports mentioned as the defaults for listening for telnet
connections.
In the HP3000 simulator, the port is clearly documented in the .sim script
from the OS archive, so searching the script files bundled with the OS
image you're using may help.

ie mpe-auto.sim
; Set up the ATC to listen for Telnet connections on local port 1054.
attach atcd 1054