[Simh] DEC Pro 350 Emulator

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Fri Jun 3 20:07:19 EDT 2016

> > On May 30, 2016, at 1:22 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons <
> jg at jordi.guillaumes.name> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> Is anyone aware of this?
>
> http://xhomer.isani.org/xhomer/xhomer.html

There is also a version converted to use portable SDL graphics routines on
Github at

        https://github.com/CeRiAl/Xhomer/tree/sdlhomer

that works well under Mac OS X and Windows/Cygwin (and likely too under
Linux).

When I get "a round tuit" it needs some keyboard mapping fixes though.

> Yes.  It boots the (unsupported) PRO support version of RSTS too.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it's based on a very old version of SIMH with the license
>>> wording changed to an incompatible license (a change that is probably not
>>> valid since the new text conflicts with the previous license).  A request
>>> to change the license text to that of the current SIMH is still pending.

I wasn't aware there was a version of RSTS for the Pro - is this available
anywhere?

It would be nice to sort out the license issues to re-merge Xhomer/sdlhomer
back into SIMH.

I regret not saving a couple of VAX8550 console Pro-350s when they were
being scrapped!

Tony