[Simh] So far unnamed project

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Wed Jun 1 13:06:58 EDT 2016

> El 31 maig 2016, a les 19:09, Ray Jewhurst <raywjewhurst at gmail.com> va escriure:
>
> Most of what I've worked with on my own so far is the PDP-11 and the VAX since they are the closest to what I already know. I would like to learn more about the other systems like the PDP-10 and the 18-bit PDPs. I've never tried either TOPS10 or 20 because I don't know where to begin.

Just to tease a little bit, I’ve just uploaded a containerized pdp-8 simulation running OS/8. I’ve added kermit and some treats (FOCAL-71 and some games). To pull and run it, install docker and:

docker run —name <containerName> -it -P -e SMH_USE_CONTAINER=yes jguillaumes/simh-pdp8

The OS/8 noncommerical use license authorizes the use and distribution of OS/8, so I’m not doing anything nasty. I’ll take a look at the TOPS-10 and TOPS-20 licenses and if they are also clean I’ll push at least a ready to run TOPS-10.