[Simh] PDP-11 DZ11 ports route to physical RS232s ?

Christian Brunschen christian at brunschen.com
Sat Jul 9 03:54:25 EDT 2016

In the current github sources, the DZ implementation
<https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/5531ccb1759aa0b67f079ead7e51a0bbc835d262/PDP11/pdp11_dz.c>
seems
to be using the general Terminal Multiplexer Library
<https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/f2656acb380b9174f29fc042bc48913e51ca6a07/sim_tmxr.c>,
which supports hardware serial ports, as documented for example here
<https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/f2656acb380b9174f29fc042bc48913e51ca6a07/sim_tmxr.c#L3940>
.

Without testing anything (I have nothing to test with), perhaps commands
like

  sim>attach dz Line=1,Connect=/dev/ttyS1
  sim>attach dz Line=2,Connect=/dev/ttyS4

would work?