[Simh] PDP-11 DZ11 ports route to physical RS232s ?

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Sat Jul 9 02:46:35 EDT 2016

Hi,

Here's a BeagleBone micro Linux system with 4 physical RS232s ports made
available (BlinkenCape).

Is it possible to connect individual PDP-11 DZ11 ports to those RS232
ports "/dev/ttyS[1-4]" instead of telnet ports?

I heard rumors about it, but documentation doesn't indicate.
And the syntax of
sim>set dz lines=n
sim>attach dz <port>
allows only a whole block of DZ11 ports to connect to a consecutive
range of telnet ports, not individual assignment. Or did I miss something?

Background: on VCF Mid West we want to show a multi-user RSX11
installation with Blinkenlight panel (BlinkenBone) and several terminals
attached.

thanks,

Joerg