[Simh] VAX Architecture Editions

lists at openmailbox.org lists at openmailbox.org
Fri Jan 29 00:05:27 EST 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:23:32 -0500 (EST)
Rich Alderson <simh at alderson.users.panix.com> wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:18:50 +0000
> > From: lists at openmailbox.org
>
> > On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:57:02 -0500
> > Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:
>
> >> However, you can get the 1990 version, in its internal DEC form rather
> >> than book form, from
> >> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/vax/archSpec/EL-00032-00-decStd32_Jan90.pdf.
>
> > Yes, I have that already. Thank you so much for running bitsavers and
> > all the other countless wonderful things you have done and still do for
> > the computing community. I'm sure not even you could list them all!
>
> While Bob has done wonderful things for us all, Bitsavers is not one of
> them.
>
> That is due to the efforts of Al Kossow, who used to do all the scanning
> and collating into PDFs himself, and still does a lot as well as
> accepting scans from others around the world.
>
> Just to keep things straight.

Doh! I realized that after I sent the email but it was too late. I am sorry.

Huge thanks to Al Kossow for running bitsavers and to Bob Supnik for SIMH
and all the other great stuff you and other people do for the community.

Thanks to Rich for giving me a chance to apologize and give credit to the
right people.