[Simh] exit fig-forth monitor in RST/E

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:48:12 EST 2016

On 3 January 2016 at 14:20, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
> I never saw the FORTH RTS, but that is pretty cool. I'm absolutely sure
> there must be a way to switch to another RTS from the FORTH RTS as well.
> You'll just have to search documentation, experiment, search for strings in
> the binary, and other creative things.
>
> Tried something like "SWITCH DCL"? :-)

That doesn't work. I should know, I've tried a lot to try and leave
FIG-FORTH on my own RSTS/E system.

The kludge-tastic way I usually exit the FORTH RTS is by using it on a
multiplexer line and issuing HANGUP KBn: from an operator account on
KB0:; it works but it's a horrible, horrible way of doing it.

I suspect there's a reason that FORTH.RTS is sitting in UNSUPP$:
(unsupported utilities)...

Cheers,
Christian
--