[Simh] Klh10 vs Simh

Richard Cornwell skyvis at sky-visions.com
Thu Feb 25 15:11:19 EST 2016

Hi,

  I have a working KA10 and most of the pieces to make a KI10. If
  anyone is interested in helping let me know. I need help with the
  dectape controller. If someone has the protocols for the console
  between the KL10 and the FE, I could add in a KL10A to my mix. From
  KI10 to KL10A is not too difficult. However I don't think I have it
  in me to write the extended addressing support for the KL10PV, so
  while a KL10A sim will probably run Tops10 7.03/7.04 it will not run
  Tops20.

  My simulator right now will run Tops10 5.03 and 6.03. If anyone has
  the 6.03 vm service tape, please forward me a copy.

Rich

> I’ve begun trying out Tops-20 on the KLH10 emulator, and also have an
> interest in ITS for the sheer novelty of the operating environment. I
> don’t know a lot about PDP10 CPU families, but was wondering how the
> two emulators compare. I gather DEC didn’t release newer versions of
> Tops-20 for KS10, and for some reason KLH10 seems to be preferred for
> ITS as well. I notice that the latter doesn’t seem to be maintained
> anymore.
>
> What are the chances of a KL10 emulator for SIMH?
> Apologies for the vagueness of the question. :)
> Thanks,
> Zack.

Richard Cornwell
skyvis at sky-visions.com