[Simh] Intel's PL/M-86, ASM86 and iAPX-86 Utilities source code

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Feb 22 11:04:02 EST 2016

below

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Armistead, Jason BIS <
Jason.Armistead at otis.com> wrote:

> Sorry for this off-topic posting, but with all the recent talk about
> Intel’s history of x86 development, I was wondering whether there are any
> “Intel connected” people around here who might know what happened to the
> source code for Intel’s PL/M-86, ASM86 and iAPX-86 Utilities (LINK86,
> LOC86, LIB86, CREF86 and OH86).  The manuals for many of these are on
> Bitsavers.

​I've wondered the same.​

> PL/M-86 was never (to my knowledge)

​I thought Seattle Computer ​products used it to write some of DOS-86,
which they later sold to Gates (which became DOS).

> We also used PL/M-80 under ISIS-II on Intel’s iPDS and MDS-80 development
> workstations, PL/M-80 under iSIM85 ISIS-II emulator on DOS/Windows
> 16/32-bit, as well as PL/M-51 under DOS/Windows 16/32-bit.  There were also
> PL/M-286 and PL/M-386 varieties, and possibly PL/M-48 (?) though I never
> personally used them.

I believe that all of the Intel tools were in FTN in those days - the
assembler, tools and PL/x.
I once had some of them I looked a while ago, but I have long lost track of
the sources.​