[Simh] Free USER SPACE DECNET LAT MOP

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Feb 21 08:06:47 EST 2016

On 2016-02-20 01:33, Timothe Litt wrote:
> On 19-Feb-16 18:54, Zane Healy wrote:

>>> I don't, but the bits must be around.  I certainly ran RT-11 DECnet in real life.   It's rather amazing that it fit.
>>>
>>> We certified TOPS-10 DECnet against it.  NML, NFT, DAP, EVL and the rest of the stack...
>>>
>>> I'm sure someone else on the list has the bits.
>> I’ve spent the last 18 years trying to find someone that has a copy of DECnet for RT-11.
>>
>> Zane
>>

> Then I mis-remembered.    I thought someone on the list reported running
> it.  18 years ago I could have put my hands on a copy fairly easily :-(

I know several people have asked for it. I have no idea where to find it
either. Well, actually, maybe I do, but I have not tried...

> I'll try to look through the stuff that I sent to CHM if I get out there
> later this year.  It didn't include RT-11 intentionally, but there might
> be a copy from the lab where we did DECnet certification against
> TOPS-10.  I sent a room full of tapes there, but they haven't all been
> converted to tape files on disk, and I don't have all of those that have.
>
> I don't know what the current licensing story is - I believe RT went to
> Mentec - but the first step is finding the bits.

Correct. It all went to Mentec Inc, and when Mentec folded, it was
bought by XX2247, who is the current owner. I haven't
asked/investigated, but it's quite possible that XX2247 do have DECnet
for RT-11. They certainly have RT-11 itself, I'm sure.

> I *am* sure that RSX runs DECnet on SimH - Jordi configured an RSX
> system for me to test against when I did the KDP emulation.  And I have
> those bits.  RSTS also runs, but I didn't keep them.

Yes. RSX works just fine with DECnet. Under simh, other emulators, or
real hardware... And so does TCP/IP.

	Johnny