[Simh] Free USER SPACE DECNET LAT MOP

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Feb 20 16:18:41 EST 2016

On 2/19/16 4:33 PM, Timothe Litt wrote:
> I'll try to look through the stuff that I sent to CHM if I get out
> there later this year.
The collection just moved, and is currently palletized and is
inaccessable in a new building.
We are waiting on installation of compact shelving to house it. Last
guess is late April for
installation. Also, it is no longer in tape racks, it is boxed and
currently uncataloged so even
if you do come, it isn't browsable.

Sadly, the days of CHM's "Large Storage" shelving is long past, and the
institution has moved
to catalog records and archivists pulling collections on demand from
rows of archival boxes.

The good news is they are finally getting me a software archivist again,
and the LCG collection
is pretty high on my list for processing.

Also, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that the RP disk packs were
desaccessioned and given to LCM
several years ago. There was no way that we would have a real 10 running
any time soon, so I
felt that getting them to someone, rather than sending them to recycling
which was threatened
by the director of collections, was the appropriate thing to do. I hope
Rich et. al. can get to them
some day.