[Simh] Reading directly from console in RT-11

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 01:20:39 EST 2016

Thanks or persisting. Now I see what you mean. This is great. I had no
idea that interactive examine could be used this way. So, basically ie
-m examines the memory that you specify and allows you to change it,
with assembly language instruction mnemonics no less, who'd of thunk it!

id -m works too:
sim> id -m 0-16
0:    inc 177560
4:    tstb 177560
10:    bpl 4
12:    movb 177562,r0
16:    halt
sim> g 0

HALT instruction, PC: 000020 (HALT)
sim>

SimH is a pretty amazing tool. It works great as a debugger, too.

Thanks,

Will