[Simh] EXT : Alpha under SIMH

Dave L davel.rss at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 15:17:17 EST 2016

if you take a look at this site you can find the link to download
personalAplha ;-)
http://jonesrh.info/dcll/dcll_why_i_use.html#VMS_Hobbyist_solutions

Also the Idleloop installer info if you'll need it - not recommended for
non-hobyist configs tho.

I've used both FreeAXP and Charon (personal & official) and they run VMS
fine. Have recently loaded Tru64 5.1B on FreeAXP but not had much time to
play with it. Running on an i7 Windows-10 laptop I didn't notice any
performance loss and the emulator performed fine. Can only run one
instance of FreeAXP at a time though so cannot set up a cluster or have
VMS & Tru64 both running simultaneously. Networking I can't comment yet as
not bothered so far given the laptop isn't tethered to a network point,
only using WiFi ATM.

regards
Dave