[Simh] EXT : Alpha under SIMH

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Feb 19 13:46:46 EST 2016

​I never played with their Alpha simulator, on the PDP-11, Vax and PMAX.
 I have not worked with them in about 10 years​, but my
 experiences with Charon/Stromasys is pretty much the same as described.  I
brought up the BSD Vax & Ultrix ports for them in the late 1990s in return
for a free simulator that ran on Tru64.  At the time, I was trying to help
a large customer move from the Vax/BSD to the Alpha/Tru64 and used Charon
as a stepping stone/helper - I've forgotten why.    IIR the end user must
have had a DB or some such thing like that the SW manufacturer had gone out
of business.   And the end user had some tool that was in their work flow
that could not easily be replaced.

Clem

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Timothe Litt <litt at ieee.org> wrote:

> There used to be a non-commercial license for Charon, but I haven't seen
> mention of it lately.

I believe they dropped it about 5 or 6 years ago.    The last time I
looked, it was not there.