[Simh] Fwd: Simh Digest, Vol 145, Issue 52

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Feb 17 11:55:46 EST 2016

Let's try again...

On Feb 16, 2016 8:22 PM, "Mark Pizzolato" <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

> Well, of course an RSX-based smartphone isn't going to happen, BUT
> with an Android based phone you could run a simh PDP11 simulator
> running RSX and likely have it talk to the internet via your (Johnny's)
> TCP/IP package.  I haven’t tried to build using the Android cross
> development tools for a couple of years, but the github makefile
> worked fine the last time I tried.  :-)

Not exactly the same, but I did something like this a few years ago with
simh VAX on my Android phone...

http://worldofvax.blogspot.com/2010/08/compiling-simh-emulators-for-android.html?m=1

http://worldofvax.blogspot.com/2010/08/htc-evo-and-vt125.html?m=1

More recently, I've done the same with my Sony Smartwatch 3. I haven't
repeated it since the wifi support was enabled, but it's something I need
to get back to when I find free time again.

But still, it's a wearable VAX...

Pat