[Simh] VAX-11/780 model case

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 06:49:34 EST 2016

Several people have asked me on and off the list about the VAX-11/780
model case that is shown in one of my posts.

Althought it is not -as I believed earlier- one of a kind, the origins
are unknown to me. It is an aluminum profile at the core, the panels are
covered with pre-printed adhesive. The disk and tape "cabinets are
really in "3D", with a rather rogh finish. One of my colleagues at VX
Company knows of one other specimen owned by a friend of a friend. It
may be distributed only in The Netherlands by DEC of DECUS in a small
batch, or it may have come from abroad.

/Wilm