[Simh] VAX/VMS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Feb 16 06:47:00 EST 2016

On 2016-02-16 08:18, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Wilm Boerhout <wboerhout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> More precisely, V7.3 will run on *any* VAX, including the primal VAX-11/780.
>> This level of backwards compatibility is unique.
>
> I'm sure 7.3 has a very broad list of what it runs on, but
> (considering I own the hardware in question), does it run on the
> smallest of the small?  VAX-11/725?  MicroVAX 2000?

The smallest of the small would be the MicroVAX I, and I have a
suspicion that it won't run on that machine, but I have not tried...
You did mention it in your post, but it really deserves recognition for
being a bit more cramped than anything else.

As far as VMS demands, I think VMS V6 was more of a hug than V7 is.

	Johnny