[Simh] simh on RaspBerry Pi

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:09:37 EST 2016

Zane Healy schreef op 15-2-2016 om 18:23:

[snip]
> It looks like a good replacement for my VAXstation 3100, but not such
> a great one for the VAXstation 4000/60.  OTOH, the reduced power,
> size, and noise make this an attractive idea.  I’ve been meaning to
> try the original for emulating a PDP-10 and PDP-11 for a couple years,
> just never have the spare time.
>
> Any issues with LAT?  With something like this, I’d just as soon use
> my DECserver 90 TL and a VT420. :-)  I’ve never actually gotten
> VAX/VMS fully running on SIMH.  I think I tried it out as far as
> starting an install on my Mac a few years ago.

As long as you stick to a wired connection on the Pi, the non-routable
protocols like LAT and SCS pose no threat to the solution.

If you're so inclined, you might open up the VT420 casing and see
whether there is room to place the Raspberry inside. There sould me
plenty of %V power points to feed the Pi. Then all you need is a serial
connector on the Pi to operate it from the VT420.

/Wilm