[Simh] Fwd: Assembler programming under Unix - was VAX/VMS

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 15:47:10 EST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Simh] Assembler programming under Unix - was VAX/VMS
Date: 	Mon, 15 Feb 2016 20:46:46 +0000
From: 	Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk>
To: 	Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com>

On a related note,

Programming in assembly language for modern Unix always seemed a bit
haphazard to me and the assemblers a bit non-standard and poorly
documented, but maybe I have a skewed view.

Does programming the VAX under Unix fair any better in terms of
assembler quality and documentation?
I appreciate that assembler programming for Unix may be frowned upon
given the C heritage.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong... about anything!

Regards, Mark.