[Simh] simh on RaspBerry Pi

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:19:56 EST 2016

Paul Koning schreef op 15-2-2016 om 16:15:

[snip]
>> There are three parts to a successful setup:
>>
>> 1. Since each Pi has only one Ethernet interface, make sure you use a
>>    wired connection (wireless isn't real Ethernet)
> Well, Wireless is 802.11 which indeed isn't 802.3 / Ethernet.  But that's not really relevant.  The question is whether it uses Ethernet addressing and offers an Ethernet-compatible MAC layer API, and 802.11 certainly does.  You can run SimH Ethernet just fine over a wireless LAN.  I've run PDP11 SimH that way with no problems.
>
> 	paul

Maybe it is my poor choice of wireless networking adapter, or a Raspbian
thing, but I never managed to get tun/tap networking with a bridge to
work on the Raspbian wlan0 device (in this case, an Edimax wireless
adapter), whereas on the eth0 device (the built in Raspberry adapter) it
works instantly.

/Wilm