[Simh] simh on RaspBerry Pi

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Feb 15 10:15:29 EST 2016

> On Feb 15, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Wilm Boerhout <wboerhout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Will Senn schreef op 15-2-2016 om 14:26
>
> [snip]
>
>> Are you documenting the setup process for your endeavors, or just blogging about the result? I think it would be interesting to see how you clustered those Pi Vaxen as much as to know it was possible. I've got a few Pi around looking for something to cluster around...
> There are three parts to a successful setup:
>
> 1. Since each Pi has only one Ethernet interface, make sure you use a
>   wired connection (wireless isn't real Ethernet)

Well, Wireless is 802.11 which indeed isn't 802.3 / Ethernet.  But that's not really relevant.  The question is whether it uses Ethernet addressing and offers an Ethernet-compatible MAC layer API, and 802.11 certainly does.  You can run SimH Ethernet just fine over a wireless LAN.  I've run PDP11 SimH that way with no problems.

	paul