[Simh] SIMH and physical hardware

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Wed Feb 10 07:32:44 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 08:32:25AM +0100, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:

> Anyway, I think the best thing you can do is go to see a real machine,
> perhaps at the LCM. It aught to give you a sense of the size, noise and
> smell of old gear.

The other place I know of is vintage computer festivals. The local
one to me largest machine is likely to be a couple rack PDP with mostly
small computers.
http://www.vintagecomputerfederation.org/

I let people touch my machine at the VCF. Emulator could match sound but no
way to match feel of typing on a teletype. Also need the smell-o-vision for
the warm oil smell they give off.