[Simh] SIMH and physical hardware

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Wed Feb 10 02:32:25 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 09:41:03PM -0800, Zachary Kline wrote:

> Any thoughts? Apologies for the disjointed post, it’s rather late. ;)

To some it is very important. I have a gadget that replaces the floppy
drive for my Commodore 64. It has an audio jack that plays the sound of
a real floppy drive! I don't use it, but it shows the effort put in to
get the right "feeling".

It also emulates the original loading speed if you want :-)

Anyway, I think the best thing you can do is go to see a real machine,
perhaps at the LCM. It aught to give you a sense of the size, noise and
smell of old gear.

Keeping a hand on a big old disk when it spins up is a rather nice thing
:)

/P