[Simh] Panic while attempting to boot a NetBSD ISO

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Feb 7 18:33:48 EST 2016

On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> Not yet. I only snagged the first three of the 5 series that I could find. For
> example 5.1.3 worked as far as being booted from the stock release.
> (Installation is next.) I'm going to try 5.1.4 and 5.1.5 next. Also 5.2 and stuff
> between them, and including your 7 suggestion.

When I tested some NetBSD booting some years ago, I recall that there
were some versions which had broken VAX support.  The problem that
occurred then was fixed in later versions.

> And Mark? I'm interested in the differences between why the last known
> release on the SIMH website worked as far as booting the CD image goes,
> and what's currently inside GIT does not.

I think David demonstrated that it worked with the latest code.  I downloaded
the NetBSD-7.0-vax.iso file earlier today and it booted for me.  That is 2 votes
suggesting things are good.

Send along the output of:

     sim> do -v {your-config-file}

AND

The output produced when it fails in whatever way you see failure.

- Mark