[Simh] Pascal 1.3 manual for RSX 11 4.6

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Feb 2 18:17:44 EST 2016

On 2016-02-02 18:55, Will Senn wrote:

> Yeeha! I compiled a working Pascal program :). Here's how:
>
> logged in as USER password USER (DCL is default):
> $ edt HELLO.PAS
> Input file does not exist
> [EOB]
> *i
>              program hello(output);
>
>              begin
>                  write('hello, world');
>              end.
>              ^Z
> [EOB]
> *ex
> DB0:[USER]HELLO.PAS;1 5 lines
>
> $ pascal HELLO.PAS
> $
> $ tkb HELLO,HELLO=HELLO,LB:[1,1]PASOTS/LB
> $
> $ run HELLO
> hello, world
>
> Thanks Johnny!

You are welcome.
That said, there are a few points I should make here.

As you log into the demo account, you are getting into DCL.
DCL is a CLI, but it is not the same as MCR. Thus, DCL actually have
different commands, but normally if DCL do not understand what you
wrote, it passes it on to MCR, which saved you here.

So, editing in DCL is normally done with the command "EDIT". "EDT" is
the MCR command.

You are using the DCL PASCAL command, good.

TKB is once more a MCR command. The DCL command would be:

LINK HELLO,LB:[1,1]PASOTS/LIBRARY

DCL commands and qualifiers can be abbreviated. See HELP.

	Johnny