[Simh] Real serial ports

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Dec 17 16:40:17 EST 2016

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 12:14 PM, David Gesswein wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 06:18:05PM -0800, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 6:58 PM, David Gesswein wrote:
> > >    For the PDP-8 it looks like the console port can be set to a real
> > > serial port. Can the ttix serial ports be attached to real serial ports?
> >
> > Yes.   Buried amongst the output of:
> >
> >     sim> HELP TTIX ATTACH
> >
> Thanks for the info. I was looking at the .doc's which don't seem to show the
> serial option for ttix.
>
> For the archive the correct command is
>      sim> HELP TTIX ATTACH
>
> Is there any way to see what the line to device code mapping is without
> reading the source? If not should I look at adding that to show ttix?

Useful info is available from each of the above SHOW commands along with:

  show TTIX

which will display the attach parameters that are currently in effect.

The detailed status of all MUX devices is visible in the output of SHOW MUX.

Do these cover what you're asking for?

> Also under help ttix you get
> show TTIX LINES
> show TTIX summary
> show TTIX CONNECTIONS
>
> But summary doesn't seem to be a valid parameter
> sim> show TTIX summary
> Non-existent parameter

Hmmm... Well, the code had the MTAB entry with "summary".  I've changed it to "SUMMARY" for consistency, but I've also changed the code performing the match to do a case insensitive compare.

- Mark