[Simh] Reference performance benchmarks

Jacob Goense dugo at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 12 17:37:04 EST 2016

On 2016-12-12 16:09, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> For VAX-11/780 see the benchmark results and source code from Kashtan's
> research.  AUUGN-V02.4.pdf starting on PDF page 24. And see Joy's
> followup in AUUGN-V02.3.pdf (PDF Page 60). See
> http://minnie.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/AUUGN
>
> While your OS may be different it has numbers for some different
> systems so may give you some rough estimates. If this code isn't
> online,
> it would be nice to make available (maybe put on github and let us
> know).

Oh, I see how I can turn that into a canary and let Travis have a ball
with it. This is a great help.

> (Hopefully someday soonI will get my book completed that has this
> story.)

I think I got a sneak preview of the 386BSD patchkits chapter through
the unintended wonders of google cache once. I'm a sure customer and
will probably empdapt[1] some of it.

[1]
emdaptation

[em-d-uh p-tey-shuh n]

noun

1. the state of being emdapted; running in an emulator.
2. something produced by emulating: an emdaptation of a UNIX history
book.
Origins: Word play on emscripten, embiggen, emulating, adapting