[Simh] Ultrix 4.0 and DEQNA-LOCK

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:17:49 EDT 2016

On 30 August 2016 at 11:13, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

> Is a tape required for DECnet on 4.5 or is the Ultrix/VAX cd I have
> likely to have it in a subfolder?  That's the reason I was running 4.0.

The Ultrix 4.5 CD does not have DECnet on it, nor do my copies of the
layered software products CDs.  It must have been distributed separately.

What is the current view on distributing Ultrix media?  Bitsavers has a
full tape set for 4.0 and the unsupported tape for 4.2 (which is not enough
to install the base system) but nothing else from 4.x.  I am sitting on a
large archive of Ultrix CDs that I would be happy to make available if it's
OK.

-Henry