[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 151, Issue 7

David Coolbear david at thecoolbears.org
Wed Aug 24 17:16:08 EDT 2016

I tried running on the new version of simh - git commit id: 25b9fc22, but
there was no noticeable difference.

I mentioned two simulators for completeness of discussion but that's not
typical. Typically I only run one at a time. When I do run two, I use a
unique MAC address for the VAX simulator so that I can run both at the same
time without having duplicate MACs.

For essentially all my testing I've been focusing on the PDP11 simulator
and the VAX simulator isn't running. The ping test shown in my initial
email is from the simulated PDP11 (192.168.1.4/24) running on the Linux
host (192.168.1.2/24) to the cable router (192.168.1.1/24). The cable
router is the default route for both the simulated PDP11 and the Linux
host. As I mentioned before, the PDP11 is attached to a dedicated NIC and
that NIC is up but doesn't have an IP address assigned.

My instinct is that the problem is with the Linux host and not the
simulator since this was working at one time (before I upgraded the Linux
OS). I'm wondering if I need to mess with the routing table or arp table in
the Linux host.

Message: 2