[Simh] Packet Loss

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Aug 23 15:28:44 EDT 2016

Hi David,

First I would suggest that you run the latest code which has significantly improved networking.
The latest is available from https://github.com/simh/simh/archive/master.zip

It is not clear from the below description, but from what Johnny read ‘in between
the lines’  you have both the VAX and PDP11 simulators configured with the same
MAC address.  This would indeed be an error on your part (and the latest code
would tell you that).

Meanwhile, once unique MAC addresses are configured for each simulator (which
would happen automatically if you didn’t explicitly have a “SET XQ MAC=…”
command using the latest code), then your dedicated to simh NIC model should
work well.

If it doesn’t, please create an issue at https://github.com/simh/simh/issues and
we can explore the details further.

Good Luck.