[Simh] Way out idea for simh

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Wed Apr 20 18:14:11 EDT 2016

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Ken Cornetet wrote:
> Kermit cannot be made to work reliably on RTE-6/VM under simh. At least I
> was never able to make it work.
>
> Not to mention that trying to use an
> emulator other than QCTerm (which doesn't do Kermit) with RTE is a major
> PITA.
>
> I used Kermit extensively on real RTE systems to transfer files to a variety of
> systems.

If you have a version of Kermit that actually worked on real hardware and
doesn't work on the simulator, then as others have said this is a deficiency/bug
in the simulator.  If you can come up with a repeatable configuration I'll be glad
help get this fixed.

If you or someone else wants to implement the other ideas being discussed in
this thread, you can pursue that as well, but I'm real sure that fixing the existing
Kermit issue is a much simpler problem.

- Mark