[Simh] fprint_sym and parse_sym limitation

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Sep 14 10:33:28 EDT 2015

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
> > On Sep 14, 2015, at 12:53 AM, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm
> <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

> > Paul said:
> >> parse_addr and fprint_addr are another area that gave me surprises.  They
> >> don't see the switches, so there isn't any way for command switches to
> >> affect the address printing, which is what I wanted to be able to do.
> >
> > The current command's switches are visible via the global sim_switches.
> > Accessing this variable is done throughout the codebase.  How doesn't this
> > work for you?
>
> It sounds fine.  I noticed that simh.doc needs to be updated and made more
> complete, since a bunch of information in it is incorrect, and a bunch of
> useful things (like this one) are not mentioned.  I'll make a stab at doing some
> updates and sending the result to this list.  Or is there another way to submit
> work?

If you are already a git user, then working directly from the github repository and submitting pull requests is the way to go.  Non git users can merely send me (mark at infocomm.com) complete changed files along with a description (as verbose as you want) of what and/or why changes were made.  I'll commit the changes to the repo on your behalf.

The latest simh.doc is in the doc directory in the github repository and available as part of the zip:  https://github.com/simh/simh/archive/master.zip

When sending changes, please work from the latest code in the repository.

Thanks.

- Mark