[Simh] VMS/VDE: Almost there

John Forecast john at forecast.name
Wed Oct 7 15:50:14 EDT 2015

On Oct 7, 2015, at 1:16 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

>>> DECnet/Ultrix, yes.  There is also a limited DECnet for RT-11, and for DOS.  And VAXELAN.  And possibly IAS, I don't remember that one for sure.
>>>
>> 	Both IAS and RSX-11D (essentially the same code) were Phase II only. There was also a
>> 	Phase II implementation for OS/8 but I seem to remember it being cancelled fairly early
>> 	in the Phase II schedule.
>
> I thought IAS and -11D made it to phase III, but I can't find any evidence either way now that I'm looking.

	I worked on the 2.0 release and I know there was a 2.1 bug fix update but I don’t remember
	any phase III implementation.

> I have DECNET-8. It's not for OS/8 but for RTS-8. But yes, it is phase II. I have never tried it, though. So I don't know how/if it actually works, and I don't have any phase II or phase III nodes to test against.

	Yes, you’re right, it was RTS-8. Looking at the date on the DECNET-8 SPD (May 1977) seems
	to imply that it was a Phase I product. Around that time we were just putting together the
	system-level architecture of DECnet-11M/11D/IAS and it would be another year before
	they would ship (SPD says June 1978).

	    John.