[Simh] VAX/VMS under v4.0

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Nov 17 17:36:01 EST 2015

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM. Dave Osborne wrote:
> Under V3.9-0 I have a VMS cluster running under SUSE 13.2.  I have two
> Vaxen running VMS 7.3 and an Alpha emulator running VMS 8.3 under
> FreeAXP. The Vaxen boot off a shared image disk with no problem and the
> Alpha boots from it's own disk. They all access the Ethernet device eth0 with
> no problem and I can access each system from any external system. Great!
>
> I decided to build V4.0. First problem is that the simulator complains about
> eth0...needing a tun/tap device. I configured my system for tun/tap devices.
> OK the first system boots OK. The second VAX boots and complains that the
> eth device is busy. Before I dig any further can anyone give me some
> pointers. And why can't I connect to the eth0 device!
>
> And then onto the Alpha...............

Hi Dave,

The above description is somewhat vague.  Can you provide the exact configuration files you've given BOTH simulators AND exactly what was output by the simulator when you are observing an issue.

Also, please provide the output of:
    sim> SHOW VERSION
    sim> SHOW ETHERNET

Also, please provide the configuration files you used when things were working under simh v3.9.

Thanks.

- Mark