[Simh] VAX/VMS under v4.0

Dave Osborne dave.osborne at judgebell.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 17:22:02 EST 2015

Hello,

Under V3.9-0 I have a VMS cluster running under SUSE 13.2.  I have two Vaxen running VMS 7.3 and an Alpha emulator running VMS 8.3 under FreeAXP. The Vaxen boot off a shared image disk with no problem and the Alpha boots from it's own disk. They all access the Ethernet device eth0 with no problem and I can access each system from any external system. Great!

I decided to build V4.0. First problem is that the simulator complains about eth0...needing a tun/tap device. I configured my system for tun/tap devices. OK the first system boots OK. The second VAX boots and complains that the eth device is busy. Before I dig any further can anyone give me some pointers. And why can't I connect to the eth0 device!

And then onto the Alpha...............

Regards Dave