[Simh] VAX sim: rqb address?

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Nov 1 14:33:17 EST 2015

On Nov 1, 2015 11:18 AM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Nov 2015, Mark Pizzolato wrote:

> >> sim> show qba iospace
> >>        Address         Vector  BR # Device
> >> 20000040 - 2000005F* 2C0-2DC   4 4 DZ
> >
> > These DZ devices have a higher floating rank than the second mscp controller.  Add these to the SYSGEN CONFIG....
> >

> Doing that changed it to 760354,

You've got 4 DZV11's in the config.  Did you actually add all of them to the SYSGEN CONFIG?

> which is at least a number everything agrees on.

Actually, the boot ROM's display of SHOW DEV that sees DUB at 0760374.  This is only due to the fact that it is at the expected address.  The table which the simulator auto config logic uses is the same table the boot ROM and VMS uses to determine the appropriate addresses.